The Perks of being a Student: NUS Extra
When you sign up for a course with Distance Learning Centre, it can be easy to forget that alongside giving yourself the opportunity to learn new things, you also have a number of perks. Everyone has heard of a student card and the discounts it brings, but what is there for students who learn from home?
As an enrolled student on a distance learning course, you can easily sign up for an NUS extra card and make the most of the huge range of discounts that come along with it. Below we’ve detailed what you need to do to sign up, along with some of the great savings you can take advantage of whilst studying at home.
HOW DO YOU APPLY FOR AN NUS EXTRA CARD?
- Head to the NUS Extra sign up page
- Enter ‘Distance Learning Centre’ as your place of study
- Enter your course start/end date, along with your discipline
- Select how long you need the card for (1, 2 or 3 years)
- Upload an image of yourself
- Enter your personal details and Student ID
- Follow remaining steps to complete sign up
After a payment of £12 (1year), £22 (2 years) or £32 (3 years), your card will be with you within 7 working days, and you can take advantage of 100’s of discounts.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AN NUS EXTRA CARD?
With over 200 discounts available for NUS card holders, the opportunities for saving are huge. Choose from some of the following categories and brands:
- Beauty – Superdrug, Nicky Clarke, Nails Inc, Bulldog Skincare
- Eating Out – Zizzi, Pizza Express, Giraffe, Barburrito
- Entertainment – Virgin Experience Days, Odeon Cinemas, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers
- Fashion – Warehouse, Soletrader, New Look, Boohoo.com
- Finance – The Economist, Quidco, Financial Times
- Health & Fitness – Vision Express, Myprotein, Blacks, The GYM
- Music & Technology – Zavvi, Apple, Spotify, Microsoft
- Supermarkets – Co-Op, Bunches.co.uk
- Travel – Uber, STA Travel, Railcards, Megabus
- Uni Essentials – WHSmith, UniBulkBuy, Firebox, Johnsons Cleaners
In addition, the NUS extra card now gives students a huge array of international discounts. All holders will automatically get a 1 year free access to ISIC (International Student Identity Card), which is accepted in over 55 countries worldwide. If you’re thinking of travelling or going abroad whilst studying, then you will have an additional 42,000 discounts to use. Happy Saving!
For more information about our range of courses you can study through Distance Learning Centre, head over to our distance learning courses page here. For any enquiries, get in touch using our contact page.